Garden University offers a variety of gardening classes and workshops hosted by experts in the field. Topics include gardening, cooking, landscaping, traveling and more!
Tickets are free for Garden members & volunteers who register at least four days in advance (workshops may have additional fees), and vary for non-members depending on the program. Tickets to Garden University programs can be reserved by registering through the links below, and will be purchased upon arrival at the event. Become a Garden member to receive free lecture tickets and discounted workshop tickets.
Garden University program topics and pricing is subject to change without notice. Some programs may be cancelled if registrant numbers do not reach a minimum number.
Upcoming Gardening Classes & Workshops
Conifer Workshop with Mary Anne Payne
- Saturday, October 18, 10am – noon
- Join us for a wonderful conifer program led by Mary Anne Payne, executive director of the Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens in Mendocino, CA. She will provide a pictorial review of the Gardens – its goals, its challenges and plans for the future. In particular, Mary Anne will discuss plans for a Dwarf Conifer Garden inspired by the Conifer Garden at The Oregon Garden. The program will also feature a travelogue with Sam Pratt, who is an avid conifer enthusiast and a manager at Conifer Kingdom in Silverton. He will share his discoveries from a recent trip to Europe, where he went in search of new conifer varieties. There will also be a tree give-away courtesy of the American Conifer Society.
- Oregon Garden and American Conifer Society Member Tickets: Free if registered by October 15, $3 if registered after or drop-in day-of
- Non-member Tickets: $12 (includes Garden admission)
- Register online to save your seat!
Questions about Garden University or upcoming classes? Contact Marney Roddick at email@example.com or 503-874-6017.