Join our team and enjoy the many benefits of volunteering at The Oregon Garden. This is a great way to meet new people, learn more about gardening and plant care and share your skills with the many visitors coming to The Oregon Garden. Volunteer as an individual, with a friend or bring a group to share in the fun.
Volunteers must be at least 16 years old for most positions. We are looking for volunteers who can commit to at least one 4 hour shift per month. Seasonal and short term opportunities are available with our Visitor Services and Horticulture departments.
We also need volunteers to help with our Special Events – if you can’t commit to once per month, check out our Events to see if any of the dates work with your schedule.
Questions? Contact our Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Step 1: Submit a Volunteer Application.
- Step 2: Interview with the Volunteer Coordinator. Upon receiving your application, we will contact you to set up an appointment. This interview will help us place you as a volunteer.
- Step 3: Attend Volunteer Orientation. These sessions introduce you to The Oregon Garden, our history, policies and procedures.
- Step 4: Begin having a great time volunteering!
Horticulture: Available year-round, peak May – October. Positions open Monday – Friday, some Saturday availability.
- Cut flower garden (in-season),
Visitor Services: Positions open daily, May-October, and Saturday/Sunday during the off-season.
- Garden greeters
- Information booth
- Retail Nursery
- Gift Shop
Education: Available year-round at special educational events.
- Assist with Garden University
- Assist with Jr. Gardener’s Club
- Home School Day (September)
- Earth Day (April)
Special Events: Available year-round depending on event schedule; Peak April – October. Positions open Saturdays (usually); occasional weekday evenings.
Positions vary by event and include:
- Activity booths
- Concession booths
- Information booth
- Tear down
- Event promotion (posting flyers and other collateral)
Administration: No positions currently open.
Benefits of Volunteering
- Have fun, meet new people and learn more about gardening.
- Help your community to have a great, peaceful place to learn, reflect and enjoy the beauty of the Garden.
- Free admission to the Garden.
- Volunteer name badge and shirt.
- Recognition and social events.
- Volunteer meetings and training to ensure you have the best volunteer experience possible.
- A variety of discounts and other benefits (minimum of 25 volunteer hours per year).