On March 30th, ground was broken on the latest addition to the Rediscovery Forest, the Discovery Pavilion. the 1,300 sf. building will feature Oregon wood products, and will provide a centerpiece for educational programs and a place for visitors to gather in the Rediscovery Forest.
Project objectives include:
- Increase knowledge of Oregon wood products
- Increase attendance numbers
- Enhance accessibility for ADA visitors
- Provide interpretative signage about forest sector
- Provide outdoor rental space for visitors
- Provide weather cover in the heart of the forest
- Reach communities across the state
- Completion goal of October 2014
For more information about this project, view the Discovery Pavilion Brochure.