The Oregon Garden Cares About Accessibility
The Oregon Garden Cares About Accessibility:
Our goal is to provide hospitality to all people who travel to The Oregon Garden. This means everyone. Our mission is to make it as easy as possible for all people including those with hearing, vision, or any other disability to learn about our property and plan their visit.
If you have difficulty learning about our Garden, we invite you to contact us via telephone or email and our staff will gladly assist you.
Our Garden is committed to making our facilities, amenities and services accessible to all guests. Below is a description of many of the accessible features in the Garden’s public spaces.
ACCESSIBLE PUBLIC SPACES
- Visitor Center / Gift Shop
- Service Animals Welcome
- Accessible route to specialty gardens
- Accessible route to restrooms in the Garden
- Accessible route to the Oregon Garden Resort
All personal mobility devices are allowed in the Garden. For guests with mobility issues, please note the following:
- The Oregon Garden features a variety of path surface materials including asphalt, bark and gravel that are variously accessible depending on an individual’s mobility or assistive devices.
- There is a 1.4-mile paved path that can be navigated by wheelchairs, power scooters, etc and comprises a tour of most of our 20+ specialty gardens.
- ADA parking is available at our Visitor Center, as well as a drop-off area for guests. All of our facilities are ADA accessible.
If you need any assistance or have questions about accessibility features, please call 503-874-2535 or email email@example.com.
We are committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. The Oregon Garden’s website contains WCAG 2.0 level AA conforming functionality. Conforming functionality means that efforts were taken during the development of the website to follow WCAG standards.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Our website is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Chrome, Firefox, and Safari browsers on JAWS, NVDA, and VoiceOver screen reader technologies
Accessibility of this website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of this website, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for the website:
- Third-party integrations, such as: Tripadvisor, Instagram and Eventbrite.
Feedback & Contact:
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of our website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers. Additionally, if you need any assistance or have any questions about the accessibility features of the Garden, please reach out to us with the contact information below.
- Phone: 503-874-2535
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Property address: 879 W Main St. Silverton, OR 97381