Volunteer Regularly: Weekly, Monthly & Bi-Monthly Schedules Available
The Oregon Garden needs volunteers to help out on a regular basis and offers very flexible scheduling opportunities. We have over 125 volunteers who help out on a recurring schedule. Join us weekly, or monthly, and take part in growing our gardens, greeting visitors, educating children and visitors, and so much more! To become a regularly active volunteer, please fill out the Online Garden Volunteer Application. Or complete a paper Garden Volunteer Application and return it to The Oregon Garden, Attn: Volunteer Coordinator, P.O. Box 155, Silverton, OR 97381.
Once we receive your application, we will contact you to schedule an interview with the Volunteer Coordinator. Upon completion of the interview and approval of your application, you will be able to schedule your volunteer shifts in the Online Scheduling Portal.
Regular Volunteer Positions
Horticulture: Available year-round, peak May – October. Positions open Tuesday – Friday, some Saturday availability.
- Positions include: gardening, cut flower garden (in-season), pruning, greenhouse, etc.
Visitor Services: May – October; Gift Shop positions open year-round. Positions open daily; Gift Shop positions open Saturday/Sunday in off-season.
- Positions include: Garden Greeters, Tour Guide, Retail Nursery, Gift Shop
Education: Available year-round: Positions open Monday – Saturday.
- Positions include: Plant Information Team, assist with Garden University, assist with Jr. Gardener’s Club, Home School Day, Earth Day, 5th grade education program, forestry education program
Events: Available year-round depending on event schedule; Peak April – October. Positions open Saturdays (usually); occasional weekday evenings.
- Positions include: Greeter, activities booths, concessions booths, information booths, parking attendants, set-up, tear down, event promotion (posting flyer and other collateral), etc. Positions vary depending on event.
- Events Include: Earth Day, Brewfest, July 3rd Celebration, Movies in the Garden. Events vary by year – check the event list for current schedule.
Administration: No positions currently open.