Through Jr. Gardener’s Club, kids have a hands-on opportunity to learn about gardening, the outdoors, health and fitness, arts and crafts, community awareness and more. Children of all ages are welcome and must be accompanied by an adult.
This summer, The Oregon Garden is once again partnering with Jr. Master Gardeners to bring you Jr. Gardener’s Club! This ongoing series of educational programming aims to teach a variety of topics related to our environment!
Every other Friday, in the Children’s Garden from 10AM to noon:
June 21st- Pollinators
- This week, kids will be learning about the importance of the creatures that help produce our food and grow our gardens! Be kind to pollinators and the environment by making your own mason bee house out of recycled materials, and take home a reminder of the importance of pollinators when you create your very own tissue paper butterfly.
July 5th- Landscape Design
- Get little hands and heads thinking about and working with design concepts by making square foot gardens, nature color wheels and drawing their own garden designs.
July 19th- Seed Science
- This week, we learn all about the magic of seeds! Kids can create their own living necklace, make plantable paper pots and, of course, fill them with seeds while exploring how and what plants need to grow!
August 2nd- Five Senses in the Garden
- The garden is a fantastic place to explore your five senses. Touch, taste and smell engaging plant specimens, create an upcycled garden wind chime and then go on a garden scavenger hunt!
August 16th- All About Bugs
- Learn all about bugs with our mounted specimens, make your own with our build-a-bug craft and explore their life cycle with metamorphosis bracelets!
August 30th- Wildlife Gardener
- Get up close and personal with your environment through creative, nature-based crafts including nature bracelets, nature masks and insect camouflage!
These events are included with general admission and FREE to Garden Members. Guests are invited to drop by at any time. Best suited for grades K through 8.
Jr. Gardener’s Club program topics and pricing is subject to change without notice. Some programs may be cancelled if registrant numbers do not reach a minimum number.
We are in search of engaging programs, classes, activities, booths, crafts, etc. that are related to gardening and our ecosystem! If you are interested in teaching or having a booth at a Jr. Gardener’s Club event please fill out this form.