Scarecrows in the Garden, a scarecrow festival presented by Wave Broadband, is a fun month-long display of locally designed scarecrows throughout October. Create one with your family, organization or business, then visit the Garden in October to vote for your favorites. Need help with your creation? Come to our Scarecrow-making workshops in September – we’ll provide assistance and the materials!
Create a Scarecrow
Plan to make a special creation for our 2014 contest! Scarecrow submission forms are available here, and are due, with the scarecrow, by September 26, 2014.
New this year, we will offer four Scarecrow Workshops, each Sunday in September, to help you build your submission. Materials are provided, and the workshops are included in the scarecrow submission fees.
Submission Fees (including all four scarecrow-making workshops & materials)
- Non Profits, Schools and Churches: $25
- Artists, Individuals and Families: $30
- Businesses: $50
Register for your workshops when you submit your scarecrow submission form. Workshops will be held each Sunday in September, from 2-4pm, and you can pick to attend one or all four. Materials are provided, and the workshops are included in the scarecrow submission fees above. Workshops will be held in the Pavilion at The Oregon Garden unless otherwise noted.
You have the option to attend all, some, or none of the workshops — but please mark on your registration form which workshops you plan to attend, so we can plan accordingly. We reserve the right to cancel workshops if we do not receive the required amount of registrations for that particular date.
- Sept. 7th, 2-4pm: Constructing Your Scarecrow’s Frame
- Sept. 14th, 2-4pm: Forming Your Scarecrow’s Face
- Sept. 21st, 2-4pm: Painting & Decorating Your Scarecrow’s Face
- Sept. 28th, 2-4pm: Putting It All Together
Or, attend our Scarecrows Express Workshop and put it all together in one afternoon.
- Sept. 28th, noon-2pm: Scarecrows Express. This is an option for those who don’t need intensive instruction (ie: 4 workshops) to complete their scarecrow, but would prefer help in a certain area or with putting already-gathered/made materials together.
September 26: Scarecrow submission forms & scarecrows due
October: Scarecrows will be on display in the Garden
November 10-28: Scarecrows will be available for pick up Fridays-Sundays, 10am to 4pm
Congratulations to our 2013 People’s Choice winners: