Mark your calendar for the 2015 Stitches in Bloom Quilt Show presented by Hope Village, January 22-24, 2015!
The show will feature more than 150 beautiful quilts, vendors selling quilting wares, lectures by featured artists and demonstrations by quilting vendors. Enjoy the Tea Room, presented by Stash Tea, where lunch fare and specialty items will be available for purchase.
2015 People’s Choice Winners
- Art: Pachyderm Posies by Dee Burson
- Traditional: The Flowers that Bloom on My Quilt Tra La by Nancy Dudley
- Pieced: Calico Compass by Marjorie McCanse
- Appliquéd: Sleigh Ride by Michele Byrum
Quilt Show Admission
Admission to the Quilt Show is included with Garden Admission:
- $11 for adults
- $9 for seniors
- $8 for students
- $5 for kids 5-11
- Free for children 4 and under
- Free for Garden members
Volunteer at the event and receive free admission! For more information, contact email@example.com or 503-874-2533.
- Greenbaum’s Quilted Forest
- Reclaimed Wool
- Sisterhood of Quilters
- Chicks and a Rooster LLC
- Wild Hare Fiber
- One of a Kind Buttons and Embellishments
- Eagles Nest Designs
- Threads That Bind
- Pieceful Expressions
- Bear Paw Quilts
- Robinson’s Woodcrafts LLC
- Silver Quilts
- Handmade by Mom N Me
- Shop Girl Fabric
- Annabelle’s Stash
- Bolts to Blocks
- Kruusn Quilt Designs
- Robin’s Quilt Nest
- Traveling Designs
- Embroidery Expressions
Food & Beverages
Enjoy the Tea Room, presented by Stash Tea, and a complimentary cup of hot tea. The Oregon Garden Resort is also offering lunch lunch fare and specialty items in the Tea Room, including sandwiches, wraps and snacks.
Stay the weekend at the Oregon Garden Resort, just steps from the Stitches in Bloom Quilt Show. The special Quilt Show Package will become available as we approach the 2016 show and will include:
- Two admissions into the Stitches in Bloom Quilt Show
- Commemorative tote bag
- Lunch at the Oregon Garden Resort food booth at the Quilt Show
- Continental breakfast buffet
- Admission to The Oregon Garden
In 2015 we will be bringing you two wool needle felting workshops with Heidi Leugers in the days before the show. For more information on the following workshops, please visit our Workshops page.
- January 22 & 23, 2015
- Registration Form for Heidi Leugers’s Workshops
Submitting a Quilt Entry
- Quilts must be at least 24″ x 36″ and may not exceed 96″ in width or length.
- All quilts require a 4” wide finished sleeve along the top edge.
- Quilts must have a fabric label stitched to the back of each quilt, at or near a bottom corner. Include the quilt name and the exhibitor’s name.
- Panels, pre-printed pieces and unfinished quilts will not be accepted for regular display. By definition, a quilt is two layers of fabric with a filling that is stitched together with lines or a pattern. Quilting must be done by hand or machine. Tied quilts do not meet the definition of a quilt for this show.
- A claim check will be issued at the time quilts are delivered to The Oregon Garden.
- Insurance is the sole responsibility of the entrant. The Oregon Garden assumes no liability for the quilts and cannot be held responsible in the unlikely event that a quilt is damaged or lost. Staff and volunteers will be on hand throughout the show. The Pavilion will be locked during the overnight hours.
- Quilts may be photographed by The Oregon Garden or show attendees. Submission of a quilt to The Oregon Garden Stitches in Bloom show constitutes permission by the quilter/owner for such photographs.
- Quilts may not have been shown in a previous Stitches in Bloom show.
We offer guilds and quilting groups the opportunity to have a space at the event and sell raffle tickets, if they submit 25 quilts.
If you’d like a space for your guild in the main event building, start sign-ups NOW. Just ask your members to commit to having a show-ready quilt by December 2014. Then get us your forms as soon as possible so that we can get you a spot before they are all bought up by our wonderful vendors. If your guild can’t come up with 25 quilts on your own, consider partnering with another guild and sharing the space. They are 10×10 spaces so if you get creative or switch off days/hours you should be able to promote both guilds and both raffle quilts.
Also, members of participating guilds have the opportunity to give a demo/lecture during the show. If they have a blog/book/pattern/technique to promote and share, they can sign up for a 30 minute slot during the show. This is only available to vendors and members of participating guilds or by invitation. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if your group is interested in raffling a quilt at the show.
Quilt Challenge 2015
The 2015 Quilt Challenge is presented by Greenbaum’s Quilted Forest. First prize will be a $100 gift certificate!
This year’s challenge fabric is Freespirit Fabric’s Sunflowers in Lavender from Snow Leopard Designs Botanical Collection. This fabric is available for purchase at Greenbaum’s Quilted Forest in Salem. Call your local fabric store for availability.
- At least one fat quarter of the challenge fabric must be used as an integral part of the quilt and must appear in the body of the quilt.
- Any amount of any other fabric may be used.
- Quilts may be any shape, but no larger than 36”x36”.
- Each quilt must have a finished sleeve of 4” attached to the top back for hanging.
- A fabric identification label must be securely sewn to a bottom back corner with the same full name and address as it appears on the entry form as well as the title of the entry.
- Panels, pre-printed pieces and unfinished quilts will not be accepted.
- By definition, a quilt is two layers of fabric with a filling that is stitched together with lines or a pattern. Quilting must be done by hand or machine. Tied quilts do not meet the definition of a quilt for this challenge.
Quilt Challenge Entry Forms and the $10 payment must be received by January 9, 2015, and quilts must be submitted by January 19, 2015. Please attach a 3×5 color photo of your quilt to your form.