The Stitches in Bloom Quilt Show is the last weekend in January, the 23rd – 25th from 10am to 4pm. The show will feature more than 100 beautiful quilts, vendors selling quilting wares, lectures by featured artist Cynthia Corbin and demonstrations by quilting vendors.
Enjoy the Tea Room, presented by Stash Tea, where lunch fare and specialty items will be available for purchase.
Admission to the Quilt Show is included with Garden Admission:
- $11 for adults
- $9 for seniors
- $8 for students
- $5 for kids 5-11
- Free for children 4 and under
- Free for Garden members
Volunteer at the event and receive free admission! For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-874-2533.
Submitting a Quilt Entry
- Quilts must be at least 24″ x 36″ and may not exceed 96″ in width or length.
- All quilts require a 4” wide finished sleeve along the top edge.
- Quilts must have a fabric label stitched to the back of each quilt, at or near a bottom corner. Include the quilt name and the exhibitor’s name.
- Panels, pre-printed pieces and unfinished quilts will not be accepted for regular display. By definition, a quilt is two layers of fabric with a filling that is stitched together with lines or a pattern. Quilting must be done by hand or machine. Tied quilts do not meet the definition of a quilt for this show.
- A claim check will be issued at the time quilts are delivered to The Oregon Garden.
- Insurance is the sole responsibility of the entrant. The Oregon Garden assumes no liability for the quilts and cannot be held responsible in the unlikely event that a quilt is damaged or lost. Staff and volunteers will be on hand throughout the show. The Pavilion will be locked during the overnight hours.
- Quilts may be photographed by The Oregon Garden or show attendees. Submission of a quilt to The Oregon Garden Stitches in Bloom show constitutes permission by the quilter/owner for such photographs.
- Quilts may not have been shown in a previous Stitches in Bloom show.
We offer guilds and quilting groups the opportunity to have a space at the event and sell raffle tickets, if they submit 25 quilts.
If you’d like a space for your guild in the main event building, start sign-ups NOW. Just ask your members to commit to having a show-ready quilt by December 2014. Then, get us the forms by September so that we can get you a spot before they are all bought up by our wonderful vendors.If your guild can’t come up with 25 quilts on your own, consider partnering with another guild and sharing the space. They are 10×10 spaces so if you get creative or switch off days/hours you should be able to promote both guilds and both raffle quilts.
Also, members of participating guilds have the opportunity to give a demo/lecture during the show. If they have a blog/book/pattern/technique to promote and share, they can sign up for a 30 minute slot during the show. This is only available to vendors and members of participating guilds or by invitation. Please email email@example.com if your group is interested in raffling a quilt at the show.
Quilt Challenge 2015
The 2015 Quilt Challenge is presented by Greenbaum’s Quilted Forest. First prize will be a $100 gift certificate!
This year’s challenge fabric is Freespirit Fabric’s Sunflowers in Lavender from Snow Leopard Designs Botanical Collection. This fabric is available for purchase at Greenbaum’s Quilted Forest in Salem. Call your local fabric store for availability.
- At least one fat quarter of the challenge fabric must be used as an integral part of the quilt and must appear in the body of the quilt.
- Any amount of any other fabric may be used.
- Quilts may be any shape, but no larger than 36”x36”.
- Each quilt must have a finished sleeve of 4” attached to the top back for hanging.
- A fabric identification label must be securely sewn to a bottom back corner with the same full name and address as it appears on the entry form as well as the title of the entry.
- Panels, pre-printed pieces and unfinished quilts will not be accepted.
- By definition, a quilt is two layers of fabric with a filling that is stitched together with lines or a pattern. Quilting must be done by hand or machine. Tied quilts do not meet the definition of a quilt for this challenge.
Quilt Challenge Entry Forms and the $10 payment must be received by January 9, 2015, and quilts must be submitted by January 19, 2015. Please attach a 3×5 color photo of your quilt to your form.
If you are interested in becoming a vendor at the quilt show, please visit this page as we get closer to the show, and we will have a vendor form posted. Returning vendors are given preference, and our spaces have sold out the past three years.
In 2015 we will be bringing you three workshops in conjunction with the Stitches in Bloom Quilt Show. Our featured artist Cynthia Corbin, as well as Patti Hempen will teach in the days before the show. For more information on the following workshops, please visit our Workshops page.
ABC’s of Composition with Cynthia Corbin
- January 20-24, 2015
- Registration Form for Cynthia Corbin’s Workshop
Rainbow Garden with Patti Hempen
- January 22-24, 2015
- Registration Form for Patti Hempen’s Workshop
- January 22 & 23, 2015
- Registration Form for Heidi Leugers’s Workshops
Stay the weekend at the Oregon Garden Resort, just steps from the Stitches in Bloom Quilt Show. The special Quilt Show Package starts at only $119 for two people, and includes:
- Two admissions into the Stitches in Bloom Quilt Show
- Commemorative tote bag
- Lunch at the Oregon Garden Resort food booth at the Quilt Show
- Continental breakfast buffet
- Admission to The Oregon Garden
Book this package online now, or call (800)966-6490.