Stitches in Bloom is the last weekend in January, the 24th – 26th from 10am to 4pm. The show will feature more than 100 beautiful quilts, vendors selling quilting wares, lectures by featured artist Lura Schwarz Smith and demonstrations by quilting vendors.
Also, enjoy the Tea Room, presented by Stash Tea, where lunch fare and specialty items will be available for purchase.
Admission to the Quilt Show is included with Garden Admission:
- $11 for adults
- $9 for seniors
- $8 for students
- $5 for kids 5-11
- Free for children 4 and under
- Free for Garden members
Volunteer at the event and receive free admission! For more information, contact email@example.com or 503-874-2533.
In 2014 we will be bringing you two workshops in conjunction with the Stitches in Bloom Quilt Show. Our featured artist Lura Schwarz Smith, as well as Patti Hempen will teach in the days before the show. For more information on the following workshops, please visit our Workshops page.
Transforming the Traditional with Lura Schwarz Smith, January 21st – 23rd, 2014
Rainbow Garden with Patti Hempen, January 21st – 23rd, 2014
Submitting a Quilt Entry
- Quilts must be at least 24″ x 36″ and may not exceed 96″ in width or length.
- All quilts require a 4” wide finished sleeve along the top edge.
- Quilts must have a fabric label stitched to the back of each quilt, at or near a bottom corner. Include the quilt name and the exhibitor’s name.
- Panels, pre-printed pieces and unfinished quilts will not be accepted for regular display. By definition, a quilt is two layers of fabric with a filling that is stitched together with lines or a pattern. Quilting must be done by hand or machine. Tied quilts do not meet the definition of a quilt for this show.
- A claim check will be issued at the time quilts are delivered to The Oregon Garden.
- Insurance is the sole responsibility of the entrant. The Oregon Garden assumes no liability for the quilts and cannot be held responsible in the unlikely event that a quilt is damaged or lost. Staff and volunteers will be on hand throughout the show. The Pavilion will be locked during the overnight hours.
- Quilts may be photographed by The Oregon Garden or show attendees. Submission of a quilt to The Oregon Garden Stitches in Bloom show constitutes permission by the quilter/owner for such photographs.
- Quilts may not have been shown in a previous Stitches in Bloom show.
We offer guilds and quilting groups the opportunity to have a booth space and sell raffle tickets at the event, if they submit 25 quilts.
If you’d like a space for your guild, start sign-ups and turn in your forms as soon as possible, so that we can get you a spot before they are all purchased. If your guild can’t come up with 25 quilts on your own, consider partnering with another guild and sharing the 10×10 space.
Also, members of participating guilds have the opportunity to give a demo/lecture during the show. If you have a blog/book/pattern/technique to promote and share, sign up for a 30 minute slot during the show. This is only available to vendors and members of participating guilds or by invitation. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if your group is interested.
Quilt Challenge 2014
The 2014 Quilt Challenge is presented by Greenbaum’s Quilted Forest. First prize will be a $100 gift certificate!
This year’s challenge fabric is Pristine Poppy in Poppy by Joel Dewberry, part of the Notting Hill Voile collection. This fabric is available for purchase at Greenbaum’s Quilted Forest in Salem, or call your local fabric store for availability.
- At least one fat quarter of the challenge fabric must be used as an integral part of the quilt and must appear in the body of the quilt.
- Any amount of any other fabric may be used.
- Quilts may be any shape, but no larger than 36”x36”.
- Each quilt must have a finished sleeve of 4” attached to the top back for hanging.
- A fabric identification label must be securely sewn to a bottom back corner with the same full name and address as it appears on the entry form as well as the title of the entry.
- Panels, pre-printed pieces and unfinished quilts will not be accepted.
- By definition, a quilt is two layers of fabric with a filling that is stitched together with lines or a pattern. Quilting must be done by hand or machine. Tied quilts do not meet the definition of a quilt for this challenge.
Quilts must be submitted with a Quilt Challenge Entry Form and $10 fee by January 3rd, 2014. Please attach a 3×5 color photo of your quilt to your form. Quilts may be picked up on January 27th between 11am and 3pm.
If you are interested in becoming a vendor at the quilt show, please fill out and return the 2014 Vendor Contract. Returning vendors are given preference, and our spaces have sold out the past three years.