17th annual Earth Day, presented by Marion County
at The Oregon Garden, April 23, 2016 from 10am to 4pm
This year’s theme is Clean Water, Clear Skies
Admission is free to the Garden on April 23, 2016. We encourage you to make a $5 donation when you bring your family to enjoy this day of free education and entertainment.
Parking on site is $5. Free shuttles will be available from:
- Robert Frost Elementary School: 201 Westfield St.
- Gravel lot between Roth’s Fresh Markets and Seven Brides Brewing: 918 N. First St.
2016 Earth Day Poster Contest
For the past 16 years kids have been celebrating and learning about the earth with us through their art contributions. We’d like to invite students to participate in this year’s contest to help promote our theme “Clean Water, Clear Skies.” The rules for the contest are as follows:
- All entries must be created by students currently in the K-12 grade age range (home-school students welcome!)
- Each entry MUST include the student’s first and last name, grade #, and school name on the back of the artwork. The entry must be the original artwork of the student whose name is on the piece.
- The size of the artwork must be NO LARGER than 11″x 17″. Smaller sizes are acceptable as well. Any kind of paper may be used; we promote recycled paper but this will not be a criterion for judging!
- The artwork must be related to this year’s theme of “Clean Water, Clear Skies”
- Entries may be done in marker, ink, crayon, colored pencil, watercolor, acrylic, or tempera paint.
- We discourage entries with words. Posters with words will not be immediately disqualified, but in some cases the words will make the poster unusable. Please tell students to not write clean water, clear skies on the poster. One misspelled word ruins a possible winner!
- No computer-generated artwork will be accepted.
- Entries need to be mailed flat, and must not be folded, rolled, matted, or mounted.
Entries must be postmarked by February 2, 2016. Please address entries to:
Marion County Public Works
5155 Silverton Rd. NE
Salem, OR, 97305
Prize list (categorized by grade level):
K-3rd: $50 Gift Card/Fred Meyer
4-7th: $50 Gift Card/Fred Meyer
8-12th: $50 Gift Card/Fred Meyer
Note: One of the above winners will be chosen for the Grand Prize and will receive an additional
$50, plus, their artwork will be used for the Earth Day poster and other advertising!
The teacher of the student who wins the Grand Prize will receive a $100 gift card for classroom use.
Presentations & Activities
Are you a musician interested in playing? Please fill out our Musician Inquiry Form.
Exhibitor registration is now open! Please fill out our registration form. Deadline for registering is April 1.
Are you a vendor interested in vending at this event? Please fill out our Vendor Inquiry Form.
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, contact Brittney at email@example.com.