Thank you for joing us for the 17th annual Earth Day, presented by Marion County – Clean Water, Clear Skies
at The Oregon Garden, April 23, 2016 from 10am to 4pm
Admission is free to the Garden on April 23, 2016. We encourage you to make a $5 donation when you bring your family to enjoy this day of free education and entertainment.
Parking on site is $5. Free shuttles will be available from:
- Robert Frost Elementary School: 201 Westfield St.
- Gravel lot between Roth’s Fresh Markets and Seven Brides Brewing: 918 N. First St.
Presentations & Activities
- The Mushroomery: Growing Gourmet Mushrooms In The Home Garden
- Oregon Department of Energy: Are Vampires sucking your home dry? Dr. Energy has tips on lights, loads, leaks, and freaks.
- How to do backyard composting
- Face Painting by Mary Ferguson
- Bush Elementary School’s Marimba Band
- Early College High School’s Emaa Da
- Woodburn High School’s Mariachi Band
Are you a musician interested in playing? Please fill out our Musician Inquiry Form.
AP Environmental Science Class McNary High School
Camelia Moss Recycled Candles
City of Woodburn Public Works
Clean Water Institute
Energy Trust of Oregon
Factory Farming Awareness Coalition
Forge X Northwest
Friends of the Willamette Valley National Wildlife Refuge Complex
Friends of Trees
Garten Services, Inc.
Green Mountain Energy
Honoring Our Rivers/Willamette Partnership
Izaak Walton League of America – Silverton Chapter
LifeSource Natural Foods
Lots of Lavender
Marion County Environmental Services
Marion Soil and Water Conservation District
North Santiam Watershed Council
NW Permaculture Institute
Oregon Beverage Recycling Cooperative
Oregon Department of Energy
Oregon learning group
Oregon Virtual Academy
Prestige Power Systems LLC
Save Endangered Animals Oregon
SDA Community Center
U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary
Young Living Essential Oils
We are currently full for all exhibitors for the 2016 Earth Day Celebration.
- New York Style Hot Pastrami Sandwich- thin sliced lean pastrami grilled, sauteed onions and peppers, and Swiss cheese on a Hoagie bun
- New York Style Beef Cheese Steak Sandwich- thin sliced sirloin steak grilled, sauteed onions and peppers, and Swiss cheese on a Hoagie bun
- New York Style Chicken Cheese Steak Sandwich- sliced grilled chicken breast, sauteed onions and peppers, and Swiss cheese on a Hoagie bun
The Laughing Lunchbox
- Oktoberfest Sausage- Mt Angel Meat Co. grilled Oktoberfest sausage on a toasted hoagie with your choice of one gourmet topping, additional toppings $1 *vegan option available
- Oregon Garden Salad- Chilled chicken or vegan option, organic mixed greens, dried cranberries, walnuts, Gorgonzola and balsamic dressing
- Kids Hot Dog
- 20 oz Rootbeer Float- vanilla bean ice cream drown in mug root beer
- Fresh, local Blackberry Muffins and Organic Chocolate Cake
- Pandan Plate
- Halo Hawaiian Plate
- Kalua Pig Plate
- Wonton Tacos
- Bomb Poppers
- Cup of Lumpia
*food options subject to change
Are you a vendor interested in vending at this event? Please fill out our Vendor Inquiry Form.
2016 Earth Day Poster Contest
The grand prize winner of the 17th Annual Oregon Garden Earth Day Fair poster contest has been selected by a panel of local judges. Allium Letey-Moore, a 10th grade student at Sprague High School, was the winner for both her age category and for the grand prize.
Other winners include: Olivia Carr, a 3rd grade student who also attends Abiqua Academy, and Alexis Reeves, a 5th grade student at Hammond Elementary. Both of these students will receive a certificate and a $50 gift card from Fred Meyer.
The winning art work and honorable mention entries will be on display at the Oregon Garden in the Grand Hall during the Earth Day Fair. The honorable mention posters were:
- Ava Wolf from Wright Elementary
- Olivia Bellin from Englewood Elementary
- Krystian Davis from Community Roots School
- Savannah Pfeiff from Saint Mary Catholic School
- Enoch Mendoza from Livingstone Adventist Academy
- Oliver Samiee from Abiqua Academy
- Kylee Baughman from Saint Mary Catholic School
- Allyssa Beermann from Stayton Middle School
- Kyra Gilbert from Sprague High School
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, contact Brittney at email@example.com.