The 16th annual Earth Day event, themed Green Footprints, will be held at The Oregon Garden on April 18, 2015 from 10am to 4pm and we hope you’ll join us!
Kids from Kindergarten through 12th grade are invited to participate in our annual poster contest! This year’s theme is Green Footprints, and the Grand Prize winner’s artwork will be featured on the event poster and marketing materials. Please read the official rules before beginning to create a poster: 2015 Earth Day Poster Contest Rules
Entries must be postmarked by January 31, 2015, and sent to: Alan Pennington, Marion County Public Works, 5155 Silverton Rd. NE, Salem, OR, 97305.
Prize list (categorized by grade level):
- K-3rd: $50 Gift Card toFred Meyer
- 4-7th: $50 Gift Card toFred Meyer
- 8-12th: $50 Gift Card toFred Meyer
- Note: the winning entry from those above that is chosen as the Grand Prize will receive an additional $50.
Admission is free to the Garden on April 18, 2015. We encourage you to make a $5 donation when you bring your family to enjoy this day of free education and entertainment.
Parking on site is $5. Free shuttles will be available from various lots in Silverton.
Exhibitor registration is now open. Exhibitors interested in having a booth space at Earth Day should fill out the Booth Registration Form. Booth registration closes March 31st.
- Non-profit – free
- Non-profit selling items – $45
- Plant/Art vendor – $75
- Educational for-profit organization (ability to sell items) – $75
- Sponsor – free
- A booth consists of a space 10’ wide by 8’ deep with an 8’ table and 2 chairs.
- Booths must be interactive. We encourage you to include take-home information, items or activities that visitors can participate in to learn more about the topic of your booth. If your group is a classroom or a youth organization, we encourage the students/youth to share or lead the presentation of your booth.
- The topic of the booth should be in keeping with the spirit of earth day-relating to conservation, education, and exploration of our planet.
- The sale of environmentally-focused products and services, plant material, and artwork is allowed.
- Strive to minimize the amount of waste generated at your booth.
Presentations & Activities
2014 features included:
- Backyard Composting
- Drive an Electric Car
- Face Painting
- Green Cleaners: Household Hazardous Waste Alternatives
- Make your own Reusable Bag
- Make your own Seed Pots
- Oregon Environmental Council
- OSU Bug Zoo
- Turtle Ridge Wildlife Center: Live Birds
- Woodburn High School Mariachi Band
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, contact Brittney at firstname.lastname@example.org.