Thank you to everyone who joined us this season, we hope you had a great time making memories with your families – we know we did!
Want to know how much gluhwein we went through, or how many ice skates we rented? Check out our 2015 Christmas Infographic.
November 27, 2015 – January 3, 2016
ICE SKATING — ARTISAN CHRISTMAS MARKET — CHRISTMAS LIGHTS
Hours and activities vary by date, visit our Schedule page for details.
Christmas in the Garden is an award-winning event featuring a traditional German Christmas Market and light display in the charming Rediscovery Forest. This year, we are also excited to add an outdoor ice skating rink!
Upon arrival, you will enter the Garden and board the Holiday Express, where you will be whisked to the beautifully decorated Rediscovery Forest. Here, you can:
- shop with 18 artisan vendors at a traditional German Christmas Market
- walk through 400,000+ Christmas lights in the forest
- sip gluhwein and other holiday beverages
- listen to festive music & carolers
- enjoy the smells and tastes of holiday foods
- warm up next to fire pits
- take photos with Santa, who will visit regularly
- meet live reindeer, presented by Dallwig Bros Building Supply, Dec. 10-13
- enjoy pony rides from Canyonview Camp, Dec 5
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for regular event updates and use #christmasinthegarden. In 2014, we welcomed 22,587 people to Christmas in the Garden from Salem, Portland, Eugene and beyond, and we look forward to seeing you at our third annual event!
We’re proud to announce that Christmas in the Garden has won a number of awards recently:
- Best of the Mid-Valley Silver Award for Best Holiday Event
- Cultivating Success Award from Travel Salem
- In 2014, we also took home an Ovation Award for Most Innovative Marketing Campaign from the Oregon Festivals & Events Association.
Outdoor Event & ADA
This is an outdoor event, please dress accordingly. There will be covered seating areas, heaters and fire pits placed throughout the event. The event takes place in the Rediscovery Forest, which has a short paved path and various gravel paths. The event is ADA accessible, but some of the paths may not be ideal for folks with limited mobility.
In the case of high winds and dangerous conditions, we may have to close Christmas in the Garden for an evening or shorten our hours. We will post any changes to our website and Facebook page.
Food & Beverages
Indulge in gluhwein, a traditional hot spiced wine, as you walk through the lights. Hot cocoa, coffee, hot spiced cider, Gilgamesh Brewing Beer, spirits from Hood River Distillers, soda and water will also be available. Purchase a commemorative mug and receive $1 off all future drinks in your mug.
Traditional German foods will include: fondue with apples, bread and sausage; soft pretzels with fondue; sausage with sauerkraut; hot dogs; German potato salad; and assorted desserts.
Thank you Sponsors!
This event is also supported by Silverton’s Tourism Promotion Committee.
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, contact Brittney at email@example.com.