Christmas in the Garden features a traditional Christmas Market and light display in the charming Rediscovery Forest each Thursday-Sunday, from November 28th to December 21st, 4pm to 9pm.
Upon arrival, you will enter the Garden and board the Holiday Express, where you will be whisked to the beautifully decorated Rediscovery Forest. Here, you can:
- enjoy a traditional German Christmas Market, where you can find the perfect holiday gifts from artisan vendors selling hand-made goods
- sip gluhwein and other adult holiday beverages
- listen to festive holiday music & carolers
- take in the smells and tastes of holiday foods
- warm up next to fire pits
- walk among lit vignettes and through 300,000 Christmas lights in the forest, including a glowing, 9 foot tall Leg Lamp!
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for regular event updates and use #christmasinthegarden. In 2013, we welcomed 12,700 people to Christmas in the Garden, and look forward to seeing you at our second annual event!
- Civil War Game Showing, November 28th - we will project the game on our big screen, courtesy of Wave Broadband. If you come dressed in Duck or Beaver logo-ed apparel, you will receive $1 off admission.
- Photos with Santa & Live Reindeer, December 12th-14th - you will get to meet live reindeer and take your photo with Santa! There will be no official photographer for Santa photos, parents can take their own at no cost.
- A Christmas Carol play, each Sunday – this 2-person play is perfect for all ages and is performed by Traveling Lantern Theater Co., included with admission.
We will feature Oregon-based craft/handmade vendors of high quality. 2014 vendors include:
- Art Glass by Dianne
- Blue Eyed Creations
- Burbeck’s Jewelry
- Creative Carved Art
- Purses with Personality
- Stonehill Acres
- The Gardeners Anvil
- The Tippin Tea Cup
Vendor spaces are still available and applications are available here. Vendor booths are $100 per weekend or $300 for all 4 weekends. There are no partial weekends. Vendors must agree to Thursday-Sunday, and each vendor booth comes with a complimentary room at the Oregon Garden Resort for the weekend of the booth.
Christmas in the Garden Admission
- $5 per person
- $4 for Garden Members (must show membership card)
- Free for children 4 & under
- Silverton residents receive $1 off admission each Thursday ($4 Silverton residents, $3 Silverton residents with Garden Membership – must show I.D. with Silverton address and membership card)
Each paid admission receives five $1 vouchers to be used at any booth in the market, including food and beverage. Vouchers may be used one per booth, per purchase, per person.
Pay admission during your first visit, and then return to Christmas in the Garden as many times as you’d like for free, for the duration of the event. Event admission is in lieu of regular Garden admission.
ADA & Outdoor Event
This is an outdoor event, please dress accordingly. There will be covered seating areas, heaters and fire pits placed throughout the event. The event takes place in the Rediscovery Forest, which has paths made of gravel. The event is ADA accessible, but may not be ideal for for folks with limited mobility.
Food & Beverages
Indulge in gluhwein, a traditional hot spiced wine, as you walk through the lights. Hot cocoa, coffee, beer, wine, spirits, water and soda will also be available.
Traditional German foods will include: sauerbraten, soft pretzels with fondue, sausages with sauerkraut, German stew, hot dogs for kids, macaroni and cheese, sweet nuts and artisan fruit cakes.
The Oregon Garden Resort is offering a special overnight package during Christmas in the Garden. The package starts at $99 on weeknights, $119 on weekends for two people, and includes:
- two tickets to Christmas in the Garden
- two beverages (alcoholic or non-alcoholic) served in a commemorative mug
- continental breakfast buffet
- admission to The Oregon Garden
To book the package, visit the Oregon Garden Resort website.
We will feature live performances each evening, beginning at 5pm and 6:30pm in the Discovery Pavilion. From there, the performances will roam throughout the event.
We are currently seeking local musicians and musical groups to perform at the event. This would preferably be a roaming performance; however, we may be able to accommodate stationary choirs. If interested, please email Mary at email@example.com.