Join us for a traditional Christmas Market and light display in the charming Rediscovery Forest each Friday-Sunday, from November 29th to December 22nd, 4pm to 9pm.
Upon arrival, you will enter the Garden and board the Holiday Express, where you will be whisked to the beautifully decorated Rediscovery Forest. Here, you can:
- enjoy a traditional German Christmas Market, where you can find the perfect holiday gifts from artisan vendors selling hand-made goods
- sip gluhwein and other adult holiday beverages
- listen to festive holiday music
- take in the smells and tastes of holiday foods
- warm up next to fire pits
- walk among lit vignettes and through 150,000 Christmas lights in the forest, including a glowing, 9 foot tall Leg Lamp!
- Photos with Santa & Live Reindeer, December 6th-8th - you will get to meet live reindeer and take your photo with Santa! There will be no official photographer for Santa photos, parents can take their own at no cost.
- Pony Rides, December 14th – children can enjoy pony rides throughout the evening. There is a suggested $1 donation per ride, which will benefit two non-profit organizations – The Oregon Garden and Canyonview Camp.
- A Christmas Carol Play, December 15th, 5pm – your family will enjoy this play, performed by Traveling Lantern Theatre Company. The play is geared towards families and is included with admission.
Admission prices for Christmas in the Garden are in lieu of regular Garden admission prices, not in addition to them, since the event takes place after Garden hours.
- $5 per person
- $4 for Garden Members (must show membership card)
- Free for children 4 & under
- Silverton residents receive $1 off admission each Sunday ($4 Silverton residents, $3 Silverton residents with Garden Membership – must show I.D. with Silverton address and membership card)
Each paid admission receives five $1 vouchers to be used at any booth in the market, including food and beverage. Vouchers may be used one per booth, per purchase, per person.
Parking will be free at The Oregon Garden.
This is an outdoor event, please dress accordingly. There will be covered seating areas, heaters and fire pits placed throughout the event.
Food & Beverages
Indulge in gluhwein, a traditional hot spiced wine, as you walk through the lights. Hot cocoa, coffee, beer, wine, spirits, water and soda will also be available. Purchase a commemorative mug, and receive $1 off each of your beverages.
The food menu will include: soft pretzels with fondue, German sausage with sauerkraut, German stew, hot dogs, macaroni and cheese, sweet nuts and chocolate chip cookies.
The Oregon Garden Resort is offering a special overnight package during Christmas in the Garden. The package starts at $99 for two people, and includes:
- two tickets to Christmas in the Garden
- two beverages (alcoholic or non-alcoholic) served in a commemorative mug
- continental breakfast buffet
- admission to The Oregon Garden
To book the package, visit the Oregon Garden Resort website.
Give beautiful, handmade gifts for Christmas this year, made by Oregon-based vendors who will be featured at Christmas in the Garden. Some vendors will change throughout the month, so visit often to see them all!
- Art Glass by Diane – Cornelius
- Blue Eyed Creations - Portland
- Burbecks Jewelry - Eagle Creek
- Creative Carved Art – Springfield
- Doug’s Nuts - Eugene
- Earth n Sea – Sweet Home
- Gardeners Anvil – Salem
- Holly’s Candles – Salem
- Sweet Oregon Rain – Dayton
- The Oregon Garden Horticulture Staff – Silverton
- The Tippin’ Tea Cup - Scotts Mills
- Treasure Mosaics - Molalla
- Vagabond – Troutdale
All of our 2013 vendor spaces are full. We will open 2014 vendor registration in July 2014.
Live musical performances will happen on the following days, from approximately 6pm to 7:30pm.
Friday, December 13: Leslie Middle School Choir
Saturday, December 14: McNary High School Choir
Friday, December 20: McNary High School Choir
Saturday, December 21: McKay High School Choir
Sunday, December 22: Steve and Melody
Thank you to: Linn Benton Tractor, Wave Broadband, Columbia Bank, Oregon Garden Foundation, City of Silverton, Wither’s Lumber, Oregon Forest Resources Institute and the Oregon Garden Resort for making this event possible.