Thank you to everyone who joined us in 2016.
We look forward to another fun event in 2017!
ICE SKATING — CHRISTMAS LIGHTS — SNOWLESS TUBING
ARTISAN MARKET — CAROLERS — FIRE PITS
Daily: Ice skating. Nov. 24, 2017 – Dec. 31, 2017 (Closed Christmas Eve & Christmas Day)
Thurs. – Sun.: Market, lights, fire pits, carolers, snowless tubing, Santa & ice skating. Nov. 24 – Dec. 17, Daily Dec. 18-23
Daily after Christmas: Lights, snowless tubing, fire pits & ice skating. Dec. 26 – Dec. 31
Visit our Schedule page for more details.
Christmas in the Garden is an award-winning event featuring ice skating, snowless tubing and a light display in the charming Rediscovery Forest.
Upon arrival, you will enter the Garden and follow the lights to the beautifully decorated Rediscovery Forest. Here, you can:
- ice skate with your family
- shop with vendors at our traditional German Christmas Market
- walk through 500,000+ Christmas lights in the forest
- sip gluhwein and other holiday beverages
- slide down 150 feet on the new snowless tubing track
- listen to festive music & carolers
- enjoy the smells and tastes of holiday foods
- warm up next to fire pits
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for regular event updates and use #CITG. In 2015, we welcomed 35,553 people to Christmas in the Garden from Salem, Portland, Eugene, Seattle and beyond, and we look forward to seeing you at our fourth annual event!
We’re proud to announce that Christmas in the Garden has won a number of awards recently:
- Best of the Mid-Valley Silver Award for Best Holiday Event
- Cultivating Success Award from Travel Salem
- In 2014, we also took home an Ovation Award for Most Innovative Marketing Campaign from the Oregon Festivals & Events Association.
Outdoor Event & ADA
This is an outdoor event, please dress accordingly. There will be covered seating areas, heaters and fire pits placed throughout the event. The event takes place throughout the Garden, which has paved paths and various gravel paths. The event is ADA accessible, but some of the paths may not be ideal for folks with limited mobility.
In the case of high winds, ice, or other dangerous conditions, we may have to close Christmas in the Garden for an evening or shorten our hours. We will post any changes to our website and Facebook page.
Indulge in gluhwein, a traditional hot spiced wine, as you walk through the lights. Hot cocoa, coffee, hot spiced cider, beer, spirits, soda and water will also be available. Purchase a commemorative mug and receive $1 off all future drinks in your mug.
Traditional German foods will include: fondue with apples, bread and sausage; soft pretzels with fondue; sausage with sauerkraut; hot dogs; German potato salad; and assorted desserts.
Thank you Sponsors!
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, contact Brittney at email@example.com.