ICE SKATING — ARTISAN CHRISTMAS MARKET — CHRISTMAS LIGHTS
SNOWLESS TUBING — CAROLERS — SANTA
Daily: Ice skating. Nov. 25, 2016 – Jan. 1, 2017
Thurs. – Sun.: Market, lights, fire pits, carolers, Santa & ice skating. Nov. 25 – Dec. 18, Daily Dec. 19-23
Daily after Christmas: Lights, fire pits & ice skating. Dec. 26 – Jan. 1
Visit our Schedule page for more details.
Christmas in the Garden is an award-winning event featuring ice skating, a traditional German Christmas Market, snowless tubing and light display in the charming Rediscovery Forest.
Upon arrival, you will enter the Garden and board the Holiday Express, where you will be whisked to the beautifully decorated Rediscovery Forest. Here, you can:
- ice skate with your family
- shop with 18 artisan vendors at a traditional German Christmas Market
- walk through 500,000+ Christmas lights in the forest
- sip gluhwein and other holiday beverages
- slide down 150 feet on the new snowless tubing track
- listen to festive music & carolers
- enjoy the smells and tastes of holiday foods
- warm up next to fire pits
- take photos with Santa, who will visit regularly
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for regular event updates and use #christmasinthegarden. In 2015, we welcomed 35,553 people to Christmas in the Garden from Salem, Portland, Eugene, Seattle and beyond, and we look forward to seeing you at our fourth annual event!
We’re proud to announce that Christmas in the Garden has won a number of awards recently:
- Best of the Mid-Valley Silver Award for Best Holiday Event
- Cultivating Success Award from Travel Salem
- In 2014, we also took home an Ovation Award for Most Innovative Marketing Campaign from the Oregon Festivals & Events Association.
Outdoor Event & ADA
This is an outdoor event, please dress accordingly. There will be covered seating areas, heaters and fire pits placed throughout the event. The event takes place in the Rediscovery Forest, which has a short paved path and various gravel paths. The event is ADA accessible, but some of the paths may not be ideal for folks with limited mobility.
In the case of high winds and dangerous conditions, we may have to close Christmas in the Garden for an evening or shorten our hours. We will post any changes to our website and Facebook page.
Indulge in gluhwein, a traditional hot spiced wine, as you walk through the lights. Hot cocoa, coffee, hot spiced cider, Gilgamesh Brewing Beer, spirits from Eastside Distilling, soda and water will also be available. Purchase a commemorative mug and receive $1 off all future drinks in your mug.
Traditional German foods will include: fondue with apples, bread and sausage; soft pretzels with fondue; sausage with sauerkraut; hot dogs; German potato salad; and assorted desserts.
Are you interest in working at Christmas in the Garden? We are now hiring for the holiday season! Please fill out an application to be considered.
We are hiring the following positions:
- Food Booth Cashier
- Food Booth Service
- Drink Sales (must be 21+)
- Skate Guard/ Counter Assistant
Apply for all positions here.
The Oregon Garden Hours
Thank you Sponsors!
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, contact Sara at firstname.lastname@example.org.