Thank you to all 12,500+ people who joined us for our first annual Christmas in the Garden event. We hope you will visit us again next year for a traditional Christmas Market and light display in the charming Rediscovery Forest each Thursday-Sunday, from November 28th to December 21st, 2014, 4pm to 9pm. In the meantime, don’t forget to check out our photos and our time lapse video from the 2013 event!
We are also proud to announce that Christmas in the Garden won a 2014 Ovation Award from the Oregon Festivals & Events Association.
Thursdays – Sundays, 4-9pm, November 28th to December 21st.
Upon arrival, you will enter the Garden and board the Holiday Express, where you will be whisked to the beautifully decorated Rediscovery Forest. Here, you can:
- enjoy a traditional German Christmas Market, where you can find the perfect holiday gifts from artisan vendors selling hand-made goods
- sip gluhwein and other adult holiday beverages
- listen to festive holiday music
- take in the smells and tastes of holiday foods
- warm up next to fire pits
- walk among lit vignettes and through 150,000 Christmas lights in the forest, including a glowing, 9 foot tall Leg Lamp!
Admission prices for Christmas in the Garden are in lieu of regular Garden admission prices, not in addition to them, since the event takes place after Garden hours.
- $5 per person
- $4 for Garden Members (must show membership card)
- Free for children 4 & under
- Silverton residents receive $1 off admission each Sunday ($4 Silverton residents, $3 Silverton residents with Garden Membership – must show I.D. with Silverton address and membership card)
Each paid admission receives five $1 vouchers to be used at any booth in the market, including food and beverage. Vouchers may be used one per booth, per purchase, per person.
Pay admission during your first visit, and then return to Christmas in the Garden as many times as you’d like for free, for the duration of the event.
This is an outdoor event, please dress accordingly. There will be covered seating areas, heaters and fire pits placed throughout the event, and the paths through the forest are made of packed gravel.
The Oregon Garden Resort is offering a special overnight package during Christmas in the Garden. The package is available Thursday through Sunday evenings, November 28th through December 21st ($99 Thursday and Sunday nights, $119 Friday and Saturday nights). The package includes the following for each person on the reservation:
- Admission to Christmas in the Garden
- Commemorative mug with a beverage
- Discount coupons to be used at vendor & food booths
- Continental breakfast buffet
- Admission to The Oregon Garden
Book the package online today or by calling 800-966-6490.
Give beautiful, handmade gifts for Christmas, made by Oregon-based vendors who will be featured at Christmas in the Garden. Some vendors will change throughout the month, so visit often to see them all! Here is a sampling of vendors from our 2013 event:
- Art Glass by Diane – Cornelius
- Blue Eyed Creations - Portland
- Burbecks Jewelry - Eagle Creek
- Creative Carved Art – Springfield
- Doug’s Nuts - Eugene
- Earth n Sea – Sweet Home
- Gardeners Anvil – Salem
- Holly’s Candles – Salem
- Sweet Oregon Rain – Dayton
- The Oregon Garden Horticulture Staff – Silverton
- The Tippin’ Tea Cup - Scotts Mills
- Treasure Mosaics - Molalla
- Vagabond – Troutdale
We will open 2014 vendor registration in July 2014.
Thank you to: Linn Benton Tractor, Wave Broadband, Columbia Bank, Oregon Garden Foundation, City of Silverton, Wither’s Lumber, Oregon Forest Resources Institute and the Oregon Garden Resort for making this event possible.
Interested in reaching more than 12,000 people in 2014? Contact Brittney at email@example.com for sponsorship information.