The Oregon Garden hosts a variety of special events each year. These events help to provide support to the Garden, introduce the Garden to new visitors and provide fun and exciting events for our visitors and Garden Members. These events rely on volunteers to help make them as productive as possible. Your warm and welcoming assistance at these events are a part of the visitor experience and our guests appreciate your cheerful service.
Volunteering at special events is great for those whose schedules make it hard to commit to a monthly volunteer schedule. It is also a great way for our regularly scheduled volunteers to try something new and share their love of the Garden with new visitors.
Volunteer positions for events are generally opened 6 weeks before the event date. Brewfest (June 16th – 18th) has a separate scheduling process. Please visit our Volunteer at Brewfest page for full information.
We are currently recruiting for the following events:
- Earth Day
- We have volunteer spots available for Earth Day on Saturday, April 21st! Earth Day will feature entertainment, food vendors, and educational exhibits and activities that are fun for the whole family! View the available volunteer shift here.
- You can sign up by using the Portal or by emailing email@example.com.
For a full list of our events, please see our Events page.
Positions at events vary but can include Greeter, Information Booth, Children’s Activity Area, Server (Brewfest), Admissions Support, Backstock, Line Control, etc. We also need volunteers to assist with set up and tear down of events. Volunteer shifts are generally 4 hours and include a check-in and event briefing for each shift.
Have you volunteered with us before?
Please contact the Volunteer Coordinator or log in to the Online Scheduling Portal
to schedule your shift.
Are you a new volunteer? Please complete BOTH steps of the application process:
- Step 1: Complete a Special Events Volunteer Application Please note: you only need to do this once. After you submit the form, a record is created for you in our Scheduling Portal.
- Step 2: Enter the Online Scheduling Portal, using your email address as the user name and the password you created in the application. See what volunteer positions are available and schedule your shift. For full directions on using the Portal, see our Volunteer Portal Instruction Guide.
- Step 3: You will receive a confirmation of your volunteer shift within 5 business days.
- Step 4: You will receive a pre-event email from our Volunteer Coordinator with all pertinent information (parking, check-in location, dress code, etc.) a week before your scheduled shift.
Questions? Contact the Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-874-2539.