Thank you for being a part of The Oregon Garden team! We appreciate your time and dedication and are so glad to have you working with us. Please bookmark this page for updates on volunteer meetings and events, Garden news and upcoming volunteer opportunities.
We will be offering some educational horticulture classes and hands-on demonstrations to our active volunteers throughout the year. To sign up, please email Beth at firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming Volunteer Events:
- Volunteer Meeting: March 1, 2017 – 3pm – Education Center
See the complete list of 2017 volunteer meetings and events here.
We Need Your Help:
The following positions are in need of some additional hands:
- Great Backyard Bird Count
- Greeters, Bird Counting (February 17th – 20th)
You can sign up by using the Portal or by emailing the Volunteer Coordinator, email@example.com
Other Garden News:
Current Visitor Center hours (January 2nd through March 20th) are 10am – 4pm, Friday through Sunday. To access the Garden to visit during Monday through Thursday, please head to the Front Desk of the Resort to get a key card for the gate.
Refer a Friend:
We will be hosting a few Open House events for prospective volunteers to learn more about our Garden, the volunteer program and to talk to some of our current volunteers. We invite you to bring a friend who may be interested in volunteering at the Garden to one of these events:
- April 12th – 6:30pm to 7:30pm
- April 29th – 10am to 11am
- May 10th – 2pm to 3pm
- May 20th – 1pm to 2pm
We ask that you please submit your volunteer schedule by the 25th of each month so that the staff may plan accordingly. If you have a flex schedule, you can sign up for volunteer shifts with no less than 2 days notice – please be sure that the Volunteer Coordinator knows that you need a flex schedule.
You can sign up for volunteer shifts in any of the following ways:
- Use the Online Schduling Portal
- Email volunteer dates to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drop off your schedule in person at the volunteer office in the Education Center
- Leave a voice message at 503-874-2533
- Send by mail to: The Oregon Garden, Attn: Volunteer Coordinator, PO Box 155, Silverton, OR 97381
Having trouble with the portal, here are Online Scheduling Portal step-by-step instructions.