Join us for Art in the Garden, which features stunning art installations in the Garden throughout the summer!
Lauren does solo glass blowing, working alone without any assistants. Her studio is about the size of a small garage and is located inland from the Oregon Coast by about an hour. All pieces are handmade and one of a kind. Visit her website here.
Bringing a new life to discarded agricultural materials. See more of his work here.
David is a Native Oregonian who takes a lot of joy in the fact that all of wood is urban removed and therefore saved from the fireplace essentially. He harvests what would otherwise be disposed of and gives it a second life being enjoyed by many people. Visit his website here.
Glass for me is a journey. Working in studios and with glass artists from Murano to Medford provides the artistic vision for the work displayed here.
A resident of Silverton, Susan creates garden-inspired art made with love and grit in Oregon. View her work here.
Karla has been making birdbaths and teacup art for over 10 years. She really enjoyed learning the mosaic process over the last 2 years and now likes coming up with fun, whimsical, mosaic art. Visit Karla’s Green Glass Design here.
YaVonne, a resident of Silverton for over 5 years, creates art using recycled pieces. She finds her hidden treasures at thrift stores, garage sales and flea markets. Visit her website here.
Other Summer Art Activities & Demonstrations
Friday, July 27 & August 31 – Jr. Gardeners Club hosted by OSU 4H Educators
- 10:00AM – 12:00PM
- Location: Children’s Garden
- The Oregon Garden, Jr. Master Gardener’s and 4H have partnered to bring educational children’s activities to the Garden! Join us for hands-on, nature-inspired crafts that teach kids’ about topics like plants, bugs and more!
Friday, July 27 & August 31 – Botanical Art Demonstration by Cathleen Casey
- Location: Various
- Cathleen Casey is a multimedia artist based in Milwaukie, Oregon, who is passionate about using art as a means to conserve nature. Watch her process in action as she creates botanical illustrations in real time, vividly documenting the flora of The Oregon Garden.
- Visit her work here,
Saturday, July 28 – Portland Opera presents Opera a la Cart
- 30 minute performances at 11:00AM and 11:45PM
- Location: Garden Green
- Opera a la Cart is Portland Opera’s mobile performance venue that brings opera directly to local communities. Guests are asked to vote on which pieces will be performed by choosing from a “menu” of operatic specials.
- Visit their website here.
Saturday, July 28 – Performance by City Dance Theater
- Location: Bosque
- Join us for a performance by City Dance Theater of Salem that demonstrates students’ skills and brings the joy and art of dance to the public in a beautiful venue.
- Visit their website here.
Tuesday, August 21 – Paint and Pour
- Enjoy a night of painting with Brushes and Blessings at the Oregon Garden Resort on Tuesday, August 21st! For only $35, the class includes all materials needed. Check-in begins at 6pm and painting begins at 6:30pm.
- Visit us here for more information and to buy tickets.