Welcome to The Oregon Garden! Our mission is to welcome and inspire all visitors with an appreciation for the extraordinary ecology of the Pacific Northwest, and to provide a meaningful educational experience for gardeners of all skill levels and ages.
We are an 80-acre botanical garden, featuring more than 20 specialty gardens showcasing the diverse botanical beauty that can be found in the Willamette Valley and throughout the Pacific Northwest. We have educational specialty gardens for everyone, from the Sensory Garden and Rose Garden to the Children’s Garden and Pet-Friendly Garden, or the Silverton Market Garden and Amazing Water Garden. We also offer a complimentary narrated tram tour April – October, and we are pet-friendly.
The Oregon Garden is also committed to sustainability. The Rediscovery Forest is managed in partnership with the Oregon Forest Resources Institute, and reveals insights on forest management. Visitors will also encounter one of the largest collections of miniature conifers in the country, in the Conifer Garden, and a 400-year-old Signature Oak, which is an Oregon Heritage Tree, in the Oak Grove. The Wetlands Habitat, which cools the City of Silverton’s treated waste water through a series of pools, brims with local wildlife. The Garden also promotes sustainability through green roofs, composting, edible landscaping, barley straw algae control and more.
The Oregon Garden is overseen by The Oregon Garden Foundation Board of Directors, which is composed of volunteers, and is recognized as a 501 (c)(3) public charity. The Oregon Garden Foundation is dedicated to the promotion and growth of The Oregon Garden.
Oregon Bride Magazine – Best of Awards
- Best Garden + Outdoor Venue, outside Portland: Finalist, 2016
- Best Resort Venue, outside Portland: Finalist, 2016
- Best Wedding Night Hotel, outside Portland: Finalist, 2016
- Best All-Inclusive Resort, Statewide: Finalist, 2014
- Best Oregon Destination Venue, Statewide: Finalist, 2014
- Best All-Inclusive Venue, Statewide: Finalist, 2013 & 2014
- Best All-Inclusive Venue, Valley: Finalist, 2013 & 2014
- Best Rehearsal Dinner Restaurant, Valley: Winner, 2013
- Best Wedding Venue: Gold, 2013 & 2014
- Best Reason to Visit Silverton: Gold 2015
- Best Place to Take Out-of-Town Guests: Gold 2015
- Best Day Trip Attraction: Silver 2015
- Best Family Attraction: Silver 2015
- Best Place to Take the Kids: Bronze 2015
- Best Holiday Event – Christmas in the Garden: Silver 2015
- Best Place to Propose: Gold 2014, Silver 2013
- Best Hotel: Silver 2013
Red Tricycle – Most Awesome Awards
- Most Awesome Parks & Playgrounds: Finalist, 2013
Oregon Business Magazine – List of Best Meeting Facilities 2015
We currently are hiring for:
Christmas in the Garden is an award-winning event that takes place at The Oregon Garden in Silverton. As this event grows, we are looking for a reliable and driven problem-solver to assist with event setup and tear down and most importantly to play a key role in keeping the event running each night.
Visit us here or click the link above for more information and to apply.
Unless specifically noted, the following are required when you submit an employment application:
- Cover Letter
- Employment Application
Submissions without all of these will not be considered. Submit by mail to: The Oregon Garden, c/o Administration Department, PO Box 155, Silverton, OR 97381 or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Send only .pdf or .doc files, and include the job title in your correspondence. The Oregon Garden is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We strive to create a workforce rich in diversity allowing us to benefit from the many different racial, religious, sexually-oriented, educational, cultural and social backgrounds our employees possess. This in turn enhances our ability to provide quality service to our guests and career advancement opportunities to our employees.
Request a Donation
Each year we receive hundreds of donations requests from organizations, locally and beyond Oregon, all with valid and pressing needs. Though we cannot provide support to everyone, we do our best to fairly consider each application we receive. Please follow the guidelines below when submitting a request:
- All requests must be received at least 6-8 weeks in advance of the event date.
- All donation requests must be submitted online on our Donation Request Application Form. We graciously ask that inquiries are made by the form ONLY, not by phone, email or standard mail.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- We do not provide cash donations or sponsorship.
- Approved donations are sent out once a month.
- All donations expire 1 year from the event date.
- 1940′s – Oregon Association of Nurseries (OAN) explores the idea of developing a botanical garden.
- 1980′s – City of Salem contacts OAN about building a botanical display garden.
- 1990 – The Garden is listed as part of OAN’s first long-range plan.
- 1994 – The newly formed Oregon Nurserymen’s Garden Foundation holds its first meeting.
- 1995 – The site is selected in Silverton. The agreement is formed, which includes the development of a wetland system to cool the city’s treated waste water.
- 1997 – Groundbreaking is held June 27.
- 1999 – The J. Frank Schmidt Jr. Pavilion, Native Oak Grove and Wetlands are dedicated.
- 2000 – The Conifer Garden, Rose Garden, Children’s Garden, Hughes Water Garden, Northwest Garden, Bosque and Chez Garden are created.
- 2001 – Grand opening celebration is held June 29 to July 3, and Silverton Market Garden is created.
- 2002 – The Gordon House, Rediscovery Forest and National Resource Education Center open.
- 2003 – Pet-Friendly Garden is created.
- 2004 – Visitor Center, Sensory Garden and Honor Garden are completed.
- 2005 – Lewis and Clark Garden created.
- 2006 – Moonstone Garden Management begins managing the Garden.
- 2007 – Groundbreaking ceremony for the Oregon Garden Resort is May 1.
- 2008 – Oregon Garden Resort opens in October.
- 2011 – The Oregon Garden celebrates its 10-year anniversary.
- 2012 – Fire Safety House is created.
- 2014 – Discovery Pavilion grand opening on October 2.
- 2016- The Oregon Garden celebrates it’s 15-year anniversary.